Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Last few days before race...

Jake's just a few days away from the Chinatown race, and I'm trying to make sure he's relaxed about it. There's been a fair amount of attention, but still, no matter what happens, he should feel very successful and happy. He's a great little runner, but he's still 7; that means I have to balance the competitive encouragement with the fact that he's to be applauded regardless.

Last night, Jake had a Super Bowl-snack food induced stomach ache. He and I ate about more than our fair share of cheese and crackers, potato chips and pizza while watching the Steelers down the Seahawks. I tried to slow him down, but I figured the Super Bowl was a special occasion.

Thanks to Jeff and Lisa Geyser for joining Team Jake! If you want in, just write me.

Finally, I might have some news in a day or so about some TV coverage of all this. We'll see though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home