Monday, January 30, 2006

How to Join Team Jake

If you're not sure how to join Team Jake, it's amazingly simple: just send an email committing to fulfill your pledge once Jake's upcoming race finishes.

Click this to email your commitment.

If that doesn't work for you, send an email to jim.mccarthy@gmail.com.

And remember, if Jake:

*Finishes the race (a given, pretty much), your pledge is $10
*Breaks his Personal Record (or "PR," which is currently 24:11), your pledge goes up another $5
*Medals (1st, 2nd or 3rd in his age division), your pledge goes up another $5
*Wins his age division, it goes up another $5

That means, if he wins and breaks his PR, your pledge would be $25.

I'm also happy to report that Jake has enough team members now that if he wins, he's most of the way to sponsoring his second child for one year. Help us hit that mark!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacob said...

Hey Jake!! Congratulations on such great dedication..! Running makes you strong and lets you do your best at everything from math to the hardest sports. My name is Jake too, and I've been running all my life... I first got into running when I needed to be in my best shape for boxing tournaments when I was a teenager. Well I'm 31 now, and I'm still running. Kick butt out there, you know you can..!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home